1. The Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
The number of people to be served: Six
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- First, heat the oven to a temperature of over 375 degrees.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a big bowl
- You then spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt baking dish.
- Bake it without covering for about 20 minutes or until when the temperature of the oven drops to about 160 degrees Celsius.
- You then combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the potatoes and bake for about 5-10 minutes or bake until when the topping becomes a little brown.
Three-quarter cup of this meal when taken contains 537 calories, 135 grams of cholesterol, 31 grams of fat which contains 16 grams of saturated fats, 391 grams of sodium and 68 grams of carbohydrate which contains 41 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber. Three-quarter cup of this meal also contains 9 grams of fiber.
2. Pumpkin pie recipe
Preparation time: Less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Number of people to be served Serves 8
This is the way to make homemade pumpkin pie in a few simple steps. There is no need for you to be spooked. Just choose a dense, sweet pumpkin. Don’t choose the one with a large watery jack lantern.
- A packet of ready-made sweet short crust pastry. It should have 40g one, and half oz crushed pecans mixed in it.
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 450g/1lb made weight pumpkin flesh and cut into 1in chunks.
- 75g/3oz soft dark brown sugar
- Two large eggs including 1 yolk. You can use the white one to prepare another dish.
- ½ teaspoonful ground cinnamon
- ½ level teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg.
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice.
- ½ teaspoonful ground cloves
- ½ teaspoonful ground ginger
- 275 ml/10 floro ozone double cream
- You first heat the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius/400F/ gas 6.
- If you are using sweet crust pastry that you bought from the shop, then you need to use the one that is 4cm/one-and-half inches deep. If you are using your own pastry, you need to roll it out and use it to make a 23cm/9in pie plate which is not loose at the bottom. You then blindly bake the pastry cake for about 20 minutes.
- In order to make the fillings, you place the pumpkin chunk on a baking tray and then cover with a foil before roasting it until it becomes tender. This will take you about 20 minutes depending on the type of pumpkin that you are using. You then press the cooked pumpkin in a rough sieve to remove extra water. After that, put it aside to cool after which you blend in a food processor or mash using your hands to make puree.
- You then gently whisk the egg and extract yolk together in a large bowl.
- You then put sugar, cream, and spices in a pan. You then bring it to a simmering point slowly whisking to mix everything together. You then pour it over the egg and then whisk again for a short time. You then add puree while still whisking in order to combine everything thoroughly.
- You then reduce the temperature of the oven to about 180C/350F/Gas 4. You then pour the filling into the pastry case and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. At this time, it will puff around the edges but still feel slightly wobbly at the middle.
- You then remove the pie from the oven and put the tin on a wire cooling rack. You can decide to either serve warm or chilled with a little chilled crème fraiche or whipped cream.
3. Cod And Smashed Celeriac Recipe
If you are in need of a healthy and low-calorie food, you need to try out this one served with smashed celeriac and courgette.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people to be served: 2
- 1 small celeriac which has been pilled and chopped
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 spring onions each cut into 3 dimensions
- 1 courgette which has already been grated
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 by 125g skinless cod fillets
- 1 half juiced lemon cut into wedges to serve
- 1tbsp chopped parsley leaves to serve
- Rocket leaves to serve
- You heat the oven to about 200C/180C fan/gas 6. You then put the celeriac into a roasting tin and drizzle with 2tbsp oil after which you sprinkle over the fennel seeds. You season and bake inside the oven for about 45 minutes while stirring halfway until when they are lightly charred.
- While the celeriac is cooking, you pin the spring onions in a dry pan and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes while making sure that you turn from time to time until when it starts to char. You then spread 2 large foils on your working space and divide the onions between the foil sheets and then top with the grated courgette, garlic, and fish. Season and drizzle the lemon juice and the remaining 1tbsp olive oil. You then seal the foils and create 2 parcels. Put the parcel on a baking sheet and bake in the microwave oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the celeriac is well cooked, mash the pieces using a potato smasher. Pie the smashed celeriac onto a plate and then carefully open the fish parcels and then gently slide onto the plate next to the celeriac. Garnish with parsley and serve with rocket leaves and lemon wedges.
4. Broccoli And Stilton Soup Recipe
This is a smooth blended vegetable soup that is good for a comforting meal as it is a good dinner party starter.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Number of people to be served: 4
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1l low salt or homemade chicken or vegetable stock.
- 1 knob butter
- 1 leek, sliced1 medium potato, diced
- 140g stilton or other blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the 2tbsp rapeseed oil in a large saucepan and then add to it a finely chopped onion. You then cook them on a medium heat until soft. If the onion starts to catch, you can add splash water on it.
- Add sliced celery stick, 1 sliced leek, 1 diced medium potato and 1 knob of butter. You then stir until it melts and then cover with a lid. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Pour in a 1 l of chicken or vegetable stock and add any chunky bits of stalk from 1 head of broccoli. Cook for about 15 minutes or until when all the vegetables are cooked.
- You then add the remaining roughly chopped broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes.
- You then carefully put them into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in 140 grams crumbled stilton while allowing few lumps to remain. You can then season with black pepper and serve.
WATH MORE VIDEOS:
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts:
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato & Red Onion Side
Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad
Eggplant with Tomato Sauce